Welcome to Charmouth Heritage Coast Centre
Visit the Centre to see our amazing fossil collections and find out how to discover your own fossils on the beach. Our guided fossil hunting walks are a great family day out on the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site. With free entry to the Centre, come and meet the Charmouth dinosaur and explore the past and present of this incredible coastline.
You can …
- join us for a guided fossil walk and take home your own fossil from the Jurassic Coast
- join the warden team at the Centre for a whole day or weekend of fossil hunting and activities for families and children
- join us for an informative day of lectures and guided walks introducing the science of geology and palaeontology using Charmouth as a case study
You can …
- come along to one of our Rock Pool Rambles
- join us for one of our Plankton Trawls and discover the underwater world of Lyme Bay
Education and Schools
Our range of curriculum linked activities offers a hands on experience for all ages and abilities.