The Fossil Film Show gives an overview of the geology of the World Heritage Site 'Jurassic Coast', with a focus on how fossils are formed and the types of fossils that can be found on Charmouth beach. There are two versions of the film show available depending on the age of the children. The film is followed by a Warden talk around the fossil touch table, where the children are shown real specimens that have been found on the beach with information about how these creatures would have lived in the Jurassic seas.
Please contact the Centre to book your visit.
- Session time: 40 minutes
- Location: Charmouth Centre
- Maximum number: 60 children (split into two groups)
- National Curriculum: Science Unit 3D: Rock and soils
- Risk Assessment: All Centre activities are fully risk assessed. Download a copy of the risk assessment for this activity click here.
- Charges: £2.00 per child (throughout the year)
Minimum booking fee: £50.00
There is no charge for accompanying staff and helpers