Duration 2 hours
After a short introduction and film show, the Warden will lead the group out onto the beach and along the coast stopping at certain points to discuss how the local cliffs and coastline have formed. The walk will cover the local geology, the landslide systems of West Dorset, an analysis of the composition of the beach and local conservation policy.
- Session time: 2 hours
- Location: Charmouth beach
- Maximum number: 90 Children
- Risk Assessment: All Centre activities are fully risk assessed. To download a copy of the risk assessment for this activity click here: Geology and Geomorphology Tour Risk Assessment (PDF)
- Charges: £4.00 per student
Minimum booking fee £90.00
There is no charge for teaching staff and helpers
- Booking: Please have a period of 2 weeks in mind when planning your trip. As all sessions are tide related we need to be flexible when booking sessions.
For more information about booking, please see our Teacher's Guide.