Library service at Charmouth Community Library
Opening hours are:
Monday … 14.00 – 16.30
Wednesday … 14.00 – 16.30
Thursday … 10.15 – 13.00 and 13.30 – 15.15 (Post Office only)
Friday … 10.00 – 12.00 noon
Saturday … 10.00 – 12.00 noon
- You can either choose books from the library shelves or reserve them online by clicking this link. They can then be collected during opening hours.
- You can return books inside the library when it is open or through the letter box at any time.
- Please make use of our public computers. We also have a printer, scanner and photocopier for your use, for which there will be a small charge.
- Free wifi can be accessed in either the Clematis Room or the garden (donations appreciated).
- You can also purchase second hand books, a large selection of which are to be found in the Clematis Room, together with a jigsaw library.
If any of you are interested in joining Friends of Charmouth Library to support us in providing our voluntary services, please get in touch with Penny Collins, Friends’ Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org The annual fee is currently £10 to help pay our bills and to keep us in business.
Charmouth Community Library is one of Dorset’s community managed libraries and is a registered charity (No:1150758).
The service is run and staffed by a dedicated team of volunteers.
The library has a full range of services and facilities including a selection of books, and as we are linked to Libraries West, this enables us to source books etc. from a vast selection across the West Country.
The Clematis Room (formally known as the Servery) is an extension to the main building and has become a hub for the community. It houses a meeting/seating area, with a disabled-access loo and a servery with the remit to promote activities to combat social isolation and encourage inter-generational communication. It is also a great place to have fun and learn a new skill, so check out the groups who already use our space in the calendar.
The Clematis Room is available at a modest charge of £7 per session and can accommodate 20 people. If more space is required then the use of the Library can also be made available at an extra cost. It is an ideal space for any private event or gathering and has a total capacity of 60 people when using both rooms. If you are interested in using our facilities or even at this stage just checking us out for any future event please pop into the library and speak to a volunteer. Alternatively send an email to email@example.com
Notice Boards are in the entrance lobby. We are happy to display local notices on the boards (subject to space constraints). If you would like your notice displayed please hand it to a member of staff. Business notices require a donation.
For details of our upcoming events, please go to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/charmouthlibrary