Library service at Charmouth Community Library
Opening hours are:
Monday: 14.00 – 16.30
Wednesday: 14.00 – 16.30
Friday: 10.00 – 12.00 noon
Saturday: 10.00 – 12.00 noon
- You can either choose books from the library shelves or reserve them online by clicking this link. They can then be collected during opening hours.
- You can return books inside the library when it is open, or through the letter box at any time.
- Please make use of our public computers. We also have a printer, scanner and photocopier for your use, for which there will be a small charge.
- Free Wi-Fi can be accessed in either the Clematis Room or the garden (donations appreciated).
- You can also purchase second hand books, a large selection of which are to be found in the Clematis Room. We also have a jigsaw library.
Charmouth Community Library is one of Dorset’s community-managed libraries and is a registered charity (No:1150758). We have a full range of services and facilities including a wide selection of books, and, as we are linked to Libraries West, this enables us to source books and audio CDs from a vast selection across the West Country.
Our service is run and staffed by a dedicated team of volunteers. If you are interested in joining Friends of Charmouth Library to support us in providing these services, please get in touch with Penny Collins, Friends’ Secretary on email@example.com The annual fee is currently £10 to help pay our bills and to keep us in business. You will also receive priority booking for any of our events.
The Clematis Room is an extension to the main building and has become a hub for the community. It houses a meeting/seating area and servery used by a number of groups. If you wish to learn a new skill or to meet like-minded people, please check out the groups which already use our space.
If you wish to set up your own group or to rent it for a particular occasion, The Clematis Room is available at a modest charge of £7 per session and can accommodate 20 people. If more space is required, then the use of the Library can also be made available at an extra cost. It is an ideal space for any private event or gathering and has a total capacity of 60 people when using both rooms. If you are interested in using this facility, please pop into the library and speak to a volunteer. Alternatively send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice Boards are in the entrance lobby. We are happy to display local notices on the boards (subject to space constraints). If you would like your notice displayed, please hand it to a member of staff. Business notices require a donation.
Charmouth Library is part of Digital Dorset, a free service taking place on Monday afternoons to help you get online and to use the internet safely. To book a slot, please ring the Digital Hotline 01305 221048 between 10 am and noon every weekday. Alternatively, come into the Library during our opening hours and speak to a volunteer.
For details of our upcoming events, please go to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/charmouthlibrary