Welcome a Warden into your classroom and we can guarantee the class will have a fun, interactive and memorable experience! 2 hours jam-packed with art, role play, group activities and more! Each child will even polish up a real ammonite fossil to take home as a momento.
Choose between two different sessions – Fossils: What are they?, or Evolution, Inheritance and Fossils. We will always tailor the session to your particular group so please let us know if you have a particular topic in mind that is not listed below, and we will do our best to accommodate. Activities and topics within these sessions can include:
- Fossil formation
- History of the Earth: what evolved when
- Will this creature fossilise and why
- Mary Anning
- Fossil folklore
- Famous fossils of the Jurassic Coast
- Adaptations for contrasting habitats – using Scelidosaur and Ichthyosaur fossil skeletons
- Ichthyosaur murder mystery – the class are the fossil detectives!
- Drawing creatures from fossil models: how and where did they live?
- Ammonite polishing – always a great way to end the session!
To extend your learning, we will leave you with a Fossil Loan Box for 2 weeks, free of charge.
- Session time: up to 2 hours classroom session + 2 week free hire of Fossil Loan Box
- Location: Your classroom
- Maximum number: up to 35 students per session.
- Charges: £150 per session (includes free loan box for 2 weeks). Plus mileage at 45p/mile (first 10 miles each way free). Payment in full is required at time of booking.
- Booking: For all enquiries please contact us or download a copy of our Teacher’s Guide.