Discover the geology and fossils of the Jurassic Coast
Prior to the session you will be sent an introductory video on fossils and the Jurassic environment in which they formed. Once in Charmouth, your Warden will do a quick recap for the group, before leading the group onto the beach to search for fossils. At the end of the session the tour covers the Fossil Collecting Code and aspects of conservation associated with the site.
All finds may be taken back to school/college and we can adapt the content of this session to suit your groups needs. These sessions will now take place entirely outdoors.
- Session time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Location: Charmouth
- Maximum number: 60 students
- Risk Assessment: All Centre activities are fully risk assessed, with additional covid-secure risk assessments. Download a copy of our Teacher’s Guide for details
- Charges: £135 for up to 30 students, then £4.50 per additional student. There is no charge for teaching staff and helpers. Payment required prior to session.
- Booking: Please have a period of 2 weeks in mind when planning your trip. As all of our sessions are tide related we need to be flexible when booking sessions. For more information on booking your session, please contact us or see our Teacher’s Guide.