The Warden will lead the group out onto the beach and along the coast stopping at certain points to discuss how the local cliffs and coastline have formed.
The walk will cover the local geology, the landslide systems of West Dorset, an analysis of the composition of the beach and local conservation policy.
Prior to your session you will be sent an introductory video to watch in class. Once at Charmouth, the session will be entirely outdoors.
- Session time: 2 hours
- Location: Charmouth beach
- Maximum number: 1 School ‘bubble’
- Risk Assessment: All Centre activities are fully risk assessed, with additional covid-secure risk assessments. For more information please download a copy of our Teacher’s Guide.
- Charges: £4.50 per student
Minimum booking fee £100.00
There is no charge for teaching staff and helpers
- Booking: Please have a period of 2 weeks in mind when planning your trip. As all sessions are tide related we need to be flexible when booking sessions.
For more information on booking your session, please see our Teacher’s Guide.