Combine a Virtual lesson with a Fossil Warden with 2 week hire of our Fossil Loan box, for the ultimate classroom package!
Live Warden lesson: Inspire your class for a whole hour with a palaeontologist! Via Zoom, or other platform, the Warden will engage the children, showing them plenty of fossils, both big and small. No session would be complete without a chance for the class to ask the Fossil Warden questions too. The session will be tailored to your group, so please get in touch if you have a particular topic in mind. Topics can include, but are not limited to the following:
- Fossil formation
- Jurassic fossil fact files – learning how they lived and fossilised by looking at real fossils
- Dinosaur adaptations, with the skull of the Charmouth Dinosaur, Scelidosaur
- Jurassic murder mystery – how did the Sea Dragon die?
- Mary Anning
- Fossil folklore
- The different rocks of the Jurassic Coast
- History of the Jurassic Coast
In addition, 2 week hire of the Fossil Loan Box. This is full of local fossils for the class to handle and study. Also included is a folder packed full of teacher resources, including lesson plans on: fossils, the history of fossil collecting, local geology, the Jurassic Coast and conserving the coastline. The box also contains fossil moulds so the students can make their own fossils, and a roll-out Jurassic Sea mural to help the children dive into the ancient environment.
- Session time: 1 hour live Warden lesson + 2 week hire of Fossil Loan Box
- Location: Our preference is to use Zoom for the live session, but are open to using other platforms.
- Maximum number: 1 class per session.
- Charges: £70 per class (One 1 hour virtual session + 1 Loan Box hire). Payment in full is required at time of booking.
- Booking: For all enquiries please contact our Education Warden email@example.com or download a copy of our Teacher’s Guide