Inspire your class for a whole hour with a palaeontologist! The Warden will engage the children, taking them behind the scenes to see plenty of fossils on display, both big and small. No session would be complete without a chance for the class to ask the Fossil Warden questions too. The session will be tailored to your group, so please get in touch if you have a particular topic in mind. Topics can include, but are not limited to the following:
- Fossil formation
- Jurassic fossil fact files – learning how they lived and fossilised by looking at real fossils
- Dinosaur adaptations, with the skull of the Charmouth Dinosaur, Scelidosaur
- Jurassic murder mystery – looking at clues on the fossil to discover how the Sea Dragon died?
- Mary Anning
- Fossil folklore
- The different rocks of the Jurassic Coast
- History of the Jurassic Coast
- Session time: 1 hour (45mins EYFS/KS1)
- Location: Our preference is to use Zoom for these sessions, but are open to using other platforms. Your class can be all be on 1 device in the classroom, or in their own homes.
- Maximum number: 1 class per session.
- Charges: £50 per class per 1 hour session.
- Booking: For all enquiries please contact our Education Warden or download a copy of our Teacher’s Guide